Strange & Wonderful Dishwasher Salmon Recipe
This may sound like the strangest, wackiest idea you’ve ever heard…but don’t knock it until you try it!
You’ll be so pleasantly surprised to find that this method of cooking salmon (or any other fish) might rival your favorite preparation you use on a regular basis.
The dishwasher produces a steady, hot stream of water that will steam your fish completely while keeping it tender. Best of all, you can set it and forget it. Turn on the dishwasher before you pick the kids up from school and it will be ready shortly after you get back home. Awesome!
A fabulous conversation piece that will have everyone oohing and ahhing at the table. Try it…You’ll like it!
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Serve With: A side dish of rice or a side salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 full dishwasher cycle – Different models of dishwasher will vary in cycle time.
Yields: 4 servings – complete meal in itself!
Nutrition Information: High in protein, omega 3 fatty acids, healthy!
Dishwasher Steamed Salmon
- 1 half of a Salmon – Fileted; skin on & de-boned
- 3 dozen Snap Peas or Snow Peas – Stem end trimmed
- 1 dozen Brussel Sprouts – Washed, outer layer peeled off and cut in half
- 1 Bell Pepper – Sliced lengthwise; Use any color you prefer or have available.
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes – Washed & halved
- 1 dozen Mushrooms – Button or crimini; halved
- 3 Green Onions
- 3 stalks Dill Weed
- 1 handful fresh Parsley – Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic – Fresh, peeled, ends trimmed off and thinly sliced
- 1 Orange – Sliced crossways
- 1/2 Lemon – Sliced crossways
- 2 tbsp White Wine – Your favorite variety
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tsp Butter
- light sprinking Cayenne Pepper
- freshly cracked Black Pepper – To taste
- 1 tbsp Capers – * Optional, if desired
- Wash, pat dry and prepare vegetables. Toss in olive oil, freshly cracked black pepper and cayenne pepper. * Tip: The thinner they are sliced, the quicker or more thoroughly they will cook in the dishwasher.
- Coat a large cookie sheet with a high rimmed lip with olive oil or cooking spray. Arrange fish with skin side down, snap peas or snow peas, bell pepper, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, Brussel sprouts and capers, if desired, so everything is evenly distributed and as flat as possible. * Tip: Keep fish in the middle of the pan so it gets flavored from everything more effectively. OR… Make 2 separate packages made of all aluminum foil – one for the salmon and one for the vegetables. Double wrap the packages so that no water will be able to seep into them from the dishwasher.
- On top of the fish, simply lay the dill, parsley, green onion, garlic slices, lemon slices and orange slices.
- Sprinkle entire contents of packages with white wine and dot with butter.
- If using a cookie sheet, completely surround it with more aluminum foil by continuously wrapping it a few times over ensuring no water will be able to seep into the package.
- Remove silverware/cutlery container from dishwasher and slide in prepared cookie sheet into the dishwasher so it sits level. If possible, and the cookie sheet will fit in your top drawer, place it on the top. If not, no worries, use the bottom drawer.
- Run the dishwasher with salmon and vegetable packet(s) through a complete, normal cycle. It will be ready to serve when dishwasher beeps. * Tip: While waiting for the salmon to be ready, go on a run, pick up the kids, run some errands or get some much needed relaxation in. How about a nap?
- Serve with a side dish of rice or a side salad and Enjoy!
Everyone will have something funny to say once you tell them how you made this salmon. So fun! You’ll be amazed at this perfectly prepared salmon. So easy!